Monday, October 22, 2012

ARRRGG Technology, Cruise and Life

Upload, download, copy, upload, download, download, upload  and  me on overload or make that overwhelming - My life 36 hours before the cruise and after the cruise. Right before leaving on cruise, 36 hours to be precise my computer crashed. It would open files but Windows Office was gone, so no PowerPoint. Guess what I need on cruise to run presentations, yep you got it PowerPoint. My files were saved on flash drives and the big computer in the sky. Thank goodness I could use hubby's bigger bulky laptop, no complaining though, I had a computer to take with me! Then after I'm home a couple of weeks I get my computer back and the power cord is not charging unless I push it in reallllllly hard. Bless the invention of duck tape!!! Now to get caught up on some posting.

Nice bright orange duck tape to hold in plug




 
A couple of comments on the cruise. We left Southampton, traveled to France, Spain, Portugal, back to Southampton. We then spent a few days in England. What I enjoy the most and others who travel with me is the depth of history in Europe. I mean a lowly Wool House in Southampton is older than the discovery of the Americas. In the Reno area our oldest building is from the mid-1800's. But that Wool house or English wool had such an impact on fashion, costuming and history, all things near and dear to my heart!! To the interpreters of history, what a Story, the impact of sheep on fashion! One of my presentations was "Textiles and Fashionistas through History, Broad Edification of Portraits, 900-1800's" This Wool House went so well with my presentation I put it into the presentation.

Wool House, Southampton


Love the outdoor cafes in Europe

Just One of the Many cathedrals in Europe, this one in Le Harve

One of our dress up nights, Cody (Step-son) loved this this outfit



No comments: